Wraysbury 1 South Rules
RK LEISURE FISHING AND VENUE SPECIFIC RULES
The following pages cover the rules in place across RK Leisure Venues. They have been purposefully designed to ensure a safe and enjoyable angling experience is available for all members.
The following sections contain rules that are common across all venues as well as a small subset of specific rules for certain venues. Please ensure you study these in detail, we believe they are mostly based on common sense and good angling etiquette as well as ensuring people fish safely for all species at all times.
LENGTH OF STAY, FISHING TIMES AND SEASONS
This section contains the limits on time in swims and also the etiquette required around reserving swims.
- All members are required to carry their membership card at all times.
- You are permitted a maximum stay of 3 days/72 hours in one swim, after which you must vacate to a different swim and not return to, or re-bucket the same swim for 96 hours.
- Similarly, if you fish a swim for 2 days/48 hours and vacate it, you cannot return to, or re-bucket that swim for 72 hours.
- You are permitted to be away from the venue for no longer than 90 minutes, except under special circumstances and by prior arrangement with RK Leisure Management or one of the Bailiff Team.
- On arrival, all members have 60 minutes once bucketing a swim to claim it. After 60 minutes the member either enters that swim or his/her bucket can be removed.
- During their session, an angler wishing to move into another swim can only place a bucket in one other swim (whether occupied or not).
- Swims must not be bucketed on behalf of other members.
- If a member is bivvied up on one lake he/she is not allowed to fish another lake.
BAIT, TACKLE AND TACTICS
The rules within this section are mostly common sense and in place to ensure people fish safely and courteously. Please ensure you check venue specific rules as well as these especially if fishing lakes containing catfish.
- Mainline must be a minimum of 15lb breaking strain.
- Rig checks may be carried out at any time. No bent hooks, fixed leads or long shank curved hooks are permitted.
- Leadcore and ‘unleaded’ product leaders may be used but they must be no longer than 1.5m in length.
- 4. Bait boats are not allowed.
- Whole nuts can only be used as hook baits and only proprietary brands of crushed nuts can be used in ground bait or as loose feed.
- Maggots are not allowed in any form with the exception of Jones Pit. Please refer to Jones Pit rules.
- Please do not introduce bait in the lake prior to vacating your swim as this practice may adversely affect anyone fishing the swim after you. Particularly anglers arriving for short, overnight sessions.
- Barbed hooks only.
- Stalking is allowed but please respect all other anglers and only do this in a safe manner as fish welfare is key. Please always remember to have your landing net and hooking mat with you at all times.
- Baited hooks are not to be left out of the water.
- No rods to be left unattended with baited rigs in the water at any time, rods will be considered to be unattended if any angler is further than the next adjoining swim.
- Zig fishing is allowed but this could be seasonal and change at any time depending on weed conditions (adjustable type zigs only with a minimum 12lbs breaking strain hooklink and a maximum of 4ft in length.)
- No barrows or any tackle transporters may be left on the venue between sessions.
- Drones are not permitted.
- When pike fishing (between 1 October and 28 February), wire traces and treble hooks can be used. Barbed hooks only may be used.
- In the event of abuse by individual or teams of anglers, seasonal bait restrictions or even bans may be introduced which will be communicated to all members. Examples of this in the past have been restricting the use of high oil pellets on the Boat Pool during low oxygen levels and limiting particle use on The Church, when vast quantities were being uneaten. These decisions are taken for the welfare of the fish and venue.
FISH CARE AND BIO SECURITY
At RK Leisure we take the safety of our stocks incredibly seriously and have put the following in place to not only secure the safety and wellbeing of our fish now, but for years and generations to come.
- If you have previously fished any venue that has suffered an outbreak of KHV, SVC or similar, please replace your fishcare equipment before fishing our venues for the first time or bring different equipment to our venues.
- If arriving at our venues from another non RK Leisure lake then please ensure your fish care equipment and leaders are fully dried before fishing, or change them prior to commencing angling then see below.
- Net dip tanks are in place, please use them on every visit if you are fishing other waters.
- Members must carry two landing nets.
- Landing nets must be a minimum of 42’’ but the use of 50’’ nets is strongly recommended due to the size of the fish.
- You must have unhooking mats and weigh slings large enough to deal safely with carp up to and in excess of 50lbs.
- Fish may be retained in a landing net while weighing/photographic equipment is setup and assistance is found, for a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Korda Carp Care or other suitable fish care solutions must be used on all hook holds and abrasions.
- All fish landed must be returned to the water soon as possible.
- No fish are to be removed from the venue or transferred between waters within the venue. RK Leisure will ban and seek to prosecute anyone found doing so.
- All fish, irrespective of size and species should be treated with the same respect. Catches of all species should be reported to Bailiffs upon request.
- The use of sacks and buoyancy retention slings for fish retention is strictly prohibited.
- Should you get a fish weeded or snagged please find a Bailiff to assist or ring the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540 however if you put your rod down and be patient – in most cases the fish will swim free – never be impatient and please DO NOT PULL FOR A BREAK. Please see the following section for more details.
- Management reserve the right to close swims or entire lake when fish are spawning.
- Any fish found distressed, diseased or dead should be reported to the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540.
- Bailiffs have the right to ask to examine any vehicle on company property, to ensure fish are not being removed, transferred illegally or stolen.
FISHING CONDUCT, SAFETY, BOAT USE AND TREES
This section concerns basic details ensuring our anglers are able to fish our lakes as safely as possible.
- Tree climbing is not permitted due to the dangerous nature of many of the trees.
- No cutting or tampering with trees is permitted.
- Bivvies must be placed in the designated swims and not on the grass banks.
- Rods may only be fished in one swim at a time.
- Boats are only to be used by Bailiffs.
- If a boat is needed to free a weeded fish please ask a Bailiff or the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540 to organize for someone to go out and try and free the fish. This may involve asking the angler to go into the boat with the rod if the Bailiff deems it necessary (subject to the angler wearing a life jacket). Under no circumstances should a member use a boat without a member of the RK Team. Under no circumstances should boats be used after dark.
- No open fires are allowed, any flames should be contained in a suitable receptacle.
- Barbecues must be off the grassy areas and not placed directly on the ground.
- No wading or swimming is allowed.
- The only time an angler is permitted to enter the water is at times of low water levels, to ensure the safe landing and return of fish and then only to knee level. You may also do this at knee level for photographing fish.
VENUE SECURITY AND CLEANLINESS
The following are across all venues however please see the venue specific sections for more details about your chosen venue(s).
- You must close and lock the fishery gates behind you at all times. One person is permitted entry per security card so please do not let any other person in behind you.
- No vehicles may be parked in the road verges outside the fishery. Anyone found doing so will lose their permit.
- Toilet and shower facilities are provided on most venues and should be used when required.
- No boots or muddy shoes are allowed in shower blocks, please use appropriate shower footwear and always leave the facilities as you would wish to find them.
- No litter will be tolerated. All litter must be taken with you on departure.
- Anyone found tampering with the throw lines will lose their permit. If you notice that a line has been removed or damaged, please report it to a Bailiff or contact the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540.
- A strict speed limit of 5 mph must be adhered to on all sites.
- Dogs are permitted on all lakes but owners must keep them on a lead at all times. Owners are responsible to clean up any mess and have the dog under control at all times. Dogs out of sight are considered out of control.
- Aggressive dogs will not be tolerated on any site whether this is aimed towards people or other dogs.
Visitor Permits can be purchased for regular site visitors. Please contact the RK Leisure Office for more details.
- No visitors are allowed on any venue without being accompanied by their associated member.
- Visitors without a Visitor Permit are not allowed on the complex unless they have notified the RK Leisure office of their attendance by email or telephone, or they have prior permission granted by the RK Leisure Management or Head Bailiff.
- Visitors that have not purchased Visitor Permits must arrive at the venue in the vehicle of their associated member.
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that their Visitor(s) adhere to all rules.
- Fishing visitors are not permitted to fish at any time unless written permission has been granted by RK Leisure Management.
This section outlines the behavioural conduct that RK Leisure expects from all its members on all venues.
- Bailiffs are authorised to confiscate the permit of anyone who is considered to be endangering their own, or another person’s safety, by being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or solvents and to remove them from the fishery.
- In extreme cases members will be removed from the venue by the police.
- Please be sensible, enjoy your fishing and allow others to do the same. Treat other members as you would fish to be treated.
- Please respect other anglers. If you are unsure of a swims ‘water’ then please ask.
- No firearms of any kind are allowed onto the venue, including airguns and crossbows.
- RK Leisure and management do not take any responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, injury to persons or property or the theft of any vehicles or fishing tackle whilst on our venues.
- All deposits and memberships are non-refundable. Under no circumstances does RK Leisure offer any refunds.
- Please keep your keys and access cards safe, £10 will be charged for replacement of lost keys or access cards.
- All buildings are designated non-smoking and members are only allowed access to members designated areas.
- All members must possess and carry a valid EA fishing licence for the number of rods in use. Anybody found without one will lose their permit.
- Bailiffs reserve the right to administer an official warning or temporarily suspend a member while allegations of wrongdoing are investigated.
- RK Leisure reserves the right to amend rules at any time. All decisions made by management are final.
- All members must possess a current valid fishing licence. Regular EA checks are carried out across all the venues and anybody found without one will be asked to leave the venue immediately.
- Any filming must be approved by the RK Leisure office a minimum of 3 working days in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL VENUE RULES
The following detail the additional rules that are venue specific. Please ensure you are aware of these for your chosen venue and especially if moving between venues.
WRAYSBURY 1 SOUTH
The following section is only relevant to the Wraysbury 1 Complex.
- Wraysbury 1 South Syndicate covers you to fish the South lake only. The key will unlock Railway Gate, Douglas Lane Gate and Hooligan Bay Gate.
- Hut Island and Hut Island car park is out of bounds to all members at all times. Please see the RK Leisure website or call the office for more information.
- The use of sacks and any form of retention slings for fish retention is strictly prohibited.
- All cars must be parked in the main designated car park.
- No personal belongings to be left in the shower block.
- No boots or muddy shoes allowed in the shower block. Please use appropriate shower footwear and leave the shower block as you would expect to find it.
- There is a 3-rod limit at all times.
- The Wraysbury Complex lakes will be shut for the following dates:
a. Friday 19 – Sunday 21 August (Lucy’s Bowl)
- RK Leisure Management reserve the right to close both lakes for up to 5 individual or consecutive days with a minimum of 7 days notice.
- Visitor fishing tickets are available at a cost of £25 for 24 hours. Only one visitor allowed on the venue per day. Visitors must fish in the next available swim to their associated member. All guests must be booked on PRIOR to fishing with the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540.
- No fishing visitors are allowed on weekends during April, May, June and July.
- When using the Douglas Lane car park please drive with extra care and keep both noise and speed to a minimum.