Hut Island Rules
These rules have been designed to ensure a safe and enjoyable angling experience. Please ensure you study these in detail, we believe they are mostly based on common sense and good angling etiquette as well as ensuring fish safely for all species at all times.
BAIT, TACKLE AND TACTICS
- If there are 5 or fewer anglers fishing Hut Island in individual swims, a maximum of 3 rods per angler are permitted. If there are between 6 & 8 anglers fishing Hut Island, a maximum of 2 rods per angler are permitted.
- Mainline must be a minimum of 15lb breaking strain.
- Rig checks may be carried out at any time. No bent hooks, fixed leads or long shank curved hooks are permitted.
- Barbed hooks only.
- Baited hooks are not to be left out of the water.
- Leadcore and ‘unleaded’ product leaders may be used but they must be no longer than 1.5m in length.
- Whole nuts can only be used as hook baits and only proprietary brands of crushed nuts can be used in ground bait or as loose feed.
- Maggots are not allowed in any form.
- Bait boats are not allowed.
- When leaving Hut Island for any period of time, rods must not be left unattended with baited rigs in the water.
- Zig fishing is allowed but this is seasonal and could change at any time depending on weed conditions (adjustable type zigs only with a minimum 12lbs breaking strain hooklink and a maximum 4ft in length.)
- No barrows or any tackle transporters may be left on the venue.
- Drones are not permitted.
- When pike fishing (1 October – 28 February), wire traces and treble hooks can be used. Barbed hooks only may be used.
FISH CARE AND BIO SECURITY
- Landing nets, unhooking mats and weigh slings are provided. You must use those supplied and not use your own equipment.
- If arriving at our venues from another non RK Leisure lake please ensure your fish care equipment and leaders are fully dried before fishing, or change them prior to commencing angling then see below.
- Fish may be retained in a landing net for a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Korda Carp Care or other suitable fish care solutions must be used on all hook holds and abrasions.
- All fish must be returned to the water soon as possible.
- No fish are to be removed from the venue or transferred between waters within the venue. RK Leisure will ban and seek to prosecute anyone found doing so.
- All fish, irrespective of size and species should be treated with the same respect. Catches of all species should be reported to Bailiffs upon request.
- The use of sacks for fish retention is strictly prohibited.
- The use of buoyancy retention slings are not permitted at Wraysbury 1.
- Alternate dates will be offered in the event of fish spawning and swims or the lake needing to be closed.
- 1Any fish found distressed, diseased, or dead should be reported to the RK Leisure office.
- 1Bailiffs have the right to ask to examine any vehicle on company property to ensure fish are not being removed, transferred illegally or stolen.
FISHING CONDUCT, SAFETY, BOAT USE AND TREES
- Tree climbing is not permitted.
- No cutting or tampering with trees is permitted.
- Bivvies must be placed in the designated swims.
- Rods may only be fished in one swim at a time.
- Boats are only to be used by Bailiffs.
- If a boat is needed to free a weeded fish please ask a Bailiff or call RK Leisure. Under no circumstances should a member use a boat.
- No wading or swimming is allowed.
- Fires are not permitted with the exception of the designated fire pit.
VENUE SECURITY AND CLEANLINESS
- Cleaning tools are provided for the BBQ, please clean after each use.
- No vehicles may be parked outside the fishery.
- Please use the toilet and shower facilities provided.
- No boots or muddy shoes are allowed in shower blocks, please use appropriate shower footwear and always leave the facilities as you would wish to find them.
- No litter will be tolerated. All litter must be taken with you on departure.
- Anyone found tampering with the throw lines will be banned. If you notice that a line has been removed or damaged, please report it to a Bailiff or contact the RK Leisure office.
- A strict speed limit of 10 mph must be adhered to.
- Bailiffs are authorised to ask anyone to leave site who is considered to be endangering their own, or another person’s safety, by being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or solvents and to remove them from the fishery.
- Please be sensible, enjoy your fishing and allow others to do the same. Treat your fellow anglers as you would wish to be treated.
- Please respect other anglers. If you are unsure of a swims ‘water’ then please ask.
- No firearms of any kind are allowed onto the venue, including airguns and crossbows.
- Hut Island can accommodate up to 8 anglers. The total number of people on Hut Island including anglers and non-fishing guests must not exceed 10.
- RK Leisure and management do not take any responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, injury to persons or property or the theft of any vehicles or fishing tackle whilst on our venues.
- All deposits and balance payments are non-refundable.
- All buildings are designated non-smoking.
- Bailiffs reserve the right to administer an official warning, suspend or ban anglers. In such circumstances no refund nor compensation will be offered for lost time.
- RK Leisure reserves the right to amend rules at any time. All decisions made by management are final.
- All anglers must possess and carry a current valid EA fishing licence for the number of rods in use. Regular EA checks are carried out and anybody found without one will be asked to leave the venue immediately.
- Any filming must be approved by the RK Leisure office a minimum of 3 working days in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.