Boat Pool Rules
LENGTH OF STAY, FISHING TIMES AND SEASONS
- All members are required to carry membership cards at all times. No fishing will be permitted without a valid membership card.
- You are permitted a maximum stay of 3 nights/72 hours in one swim, after which you must vacate to a different swim and not return to, or re-bucket the same swim for 96 hours.
- Similarly, if you fish a swim for 2 nights/48 hours and vacate it, you cannot return to, or re-bucket that swim for 72 hours and so on.
- You are permitted to be away from the venue for no longer than 90 minutes, except under special circumstances and by prior arrangement with management or one of the bailiffs.
- No rods can be left unattended with baited hooks in the water at any time; you must wind in if you wish to leave your rods. Rods will be considered to be unattended if any angler is further than the next adjoining swim.
- Baited hooks are not to be left out of the water.
- Any member fishing Church Lake or Boat Pool must first sign in at the Lodge before fishing and also sign out prior to leaving the venue at the end of their session (full name).
- All Catches must be recorded in the log books in the lodge as soon after capture as is practical.
- The Horton Complex has a closed season between March 15th – April 13th. This is applicable to all five lakes on the complex.
- A maximum of two baited rods may be used from 01 April to 31 October. Between 01 November and the 15 March 3 baited rods may used.
- All members have 60 minutes once bucketing a swim. After 60 minutes the members either enters that swim or his bucket will be removed.
- During their session, an angler wishing to move into another swim once it has been vacated, can only place a bucket in one other occupied swim.
- All buckets used as above must bear the anglers name.
FISH AND FISH CARE
- When fishing for carp and catfish you must comply with the following:
- Line must be a minimum of 18 lbs breaking strain.
- No treble hooks or double-hook rigs are allowed.
- Landing nets must be a minimum of 50”, ideally larger, however we do allow the use of 42″ landing nets and carp unhooking mats if stalking for carp in the margins during day light hours only.
- No catfish may be retained at any time or by any means.
- No live baits may be brought onto the fishery.
- No small carp or tench from the Horton complex to be used as live bait at any time.
- Unhooking mats must be padded and a minimum of 6ft long by 2ft wide and 2’’ thick if fishing for catfish, you can use two mats in conjunction for this.
- Weigh slings minimum 5 feet in length for catfish.
- Korda Carp Care or other suitable fish care solutions must be used on hook holds or abrasions.
- Once landed fish must be retained in the landing net while weighing/camera equipment is made ready and possible assistance sought.
- All fish landed must be returned to the water soon as possible.
- Rig checks may be carried out at any time by bailiffs or RK Leisure management.
- No fixed leads, bent hooks or long shank curved hooks are permitted.
- When pike fishing (between 1st Dec and 31st Feb) wire traces can be used.
- No treble hooks to be used.
- Members must have a current Environmental Agency rod license.
- Barbed hooks only may be used.
- Any fish found distressed, diseased or dead should be reported to the RK Leisure Office on 020 7534 0540.
- No fish are to be removed from the venue or transferred between waters within the venue. RK Leisure will ban and seek to prosecute anyone found doing so.
- All fish, irrespective of size and species should be treated with the same respect and catches of all species should be reported to bailiffs upon request.
- The use of sacks for fish retention is prohibited. The retention of any fish (including eels) by any means is banned.
- No leadcore or unleaded product leaders to be over 1.5 meter in length.
- Bait boats are not allowed.
- Management reserve the right to close swims or entire lake when fish are spawning.
VENUE SECURITY AND CLEANLINESS
- You must close and lock the fishery gates behind you at all times. Do not allow any other person through with your card or key at any time.
- No vehicles may be parked on the road verges outside the fishery. Anyone found doing so will lose their permit. If they are a visitor the person they are visiting will also lose their permit.
- Toilet facilities are provided and must be used. Please leave them as you wish to find them.
- No litter will be tolerated.
- Please keep your keys and access cards safe, £10 will be charged for replacement of lost keys or access cards.
- Dogs are permitted on the fishery but owners must keep them on a lead and under control, clean up any mess and be with them at all times. Dogs out of sight are out of control. Any aggressive dogs will be banned from the complex for the safety of all members.
- No barrows, porters or other tackle transporters may be left on the venue between sessions. They must be removed when you leave the venue or stored in the designated areas.
- Anyone found tampering with the throw lines will lose their ticket. If you notice that a line has been removed or damaged, please report it to a bailiff or contact the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540.
- A strict speed limit of 5 mph must be adhered to on the whole complex.
- All buildings are non-smoking and members are only allowed access to member designated areas.
- No fires allowed. Barbeques must be off the grass areas.
- Bailiffs have the right to ask to examine any vehicle on company property, to ensure that fish are not being removed, transferred or illegally stolen.
- The Lodge is to be kept clean at all times.
- Any one removing/stealing any property from the lodge i.e. cups and cutlery will be banned from all RK Leisure venues.
- All cups and cutlery etc must be washed, dried and replaced in the cupboards after use.
- No personal belongings to be left in the shower block.
- No boots or muddy shoes allowed in the shower block. Please use appropriate shower footwear and leave the shower block as you would expect to find it.
- Session bait only in the freezer room.
- Names must be written on all members baits with a marker pen.
- No bait is to be kept in the kitchen freezer in the lodge.
- All food from the kitchen fridges must be removed after a fishing session otherwise it will be destroyed.
- No visitors are allowed on the complex without being accompanied by their associated member.
- Visitors are not allowed on the complex unless they have notified the RK Leisure office of their attendance by email or telephone, or unless they have prior permission granted by the RK Leisure management.
- Visitors that have not purchased Visitors Cards must have arrived to the complex in the vehicle of their associated member.
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that their guests adhere to all rules.
- Guests on the Horton complex are not permitted to fish on the lakes at any time.
ROD LIMITS, BOATS AND TREES
- Remote control boats are not permitted.
- Tree climbing is not permitted due to the dangerous nature of many of the trees.
- Bivvies must be placed in the swims and not on the grass banks.
- Boats – under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is anybody allowed onto the lake in a boat. (The Horton Island Lake is the only lake on the Horton Complex to allow the use of boats). Should you get a fish weeded or snagged please find a bailiff to assist or ring the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540 however if you put your rod down and be patient – in most cases the fish will swim free – Never be impatient and please DO NOT PULL FOR A BREAK!
- No wading. The only time an angler is permitted to enter the water is at times of low water levels, to ensure the safe landing and return of fish and then only to knee level. Anglers may also enter the water at knee level for photographing fish.
- Permit holders under the influence of alcohol, drugs or solvents will be removed from the venue by the police.
- Please be sensible, enjoy your fishing on the Horton complex and allow others to do the same. You will lose your membership if you do not.
- RK Leisure reserves the right to amend rules at any time. All decisions made by management are final. RK Leisure and management will not accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injury to person, property or vehicles, however caused whilst using these premises.
- Please respect other anglers. To avoid confrontational situations, check with anglers in adjacent swims as to where they are fishing before casting out yourself. If you are unsure of swim’s water then please ask.
- All gates must be closed and locked immediately after entry or exit. All vehicles must be parked in designated car parks.
- Bailiffs are authorised to confiscate the permit of any permit holder who is considered to be endangering their own, or any other person’s safety, by being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, solvents, etc., and to remove them from the fishery.
- Bailiffs reserve the right to administer an official warning or temporarily suspend a member while allegations of wrongdoing are investigated.
- No firearms of any kind are allowed onto the venue at any time, including airguns and crossbows.
- RK Leisure do not take any responsibility for any damage, loss or theft to any vehicles, fishing tackle or boats whilst on the Horton complex.
- All memberships are non-refundable. Under no circumstances does RK Leisure offer any refunds.
- All 10% deposits are non-refundable.
- All anglers must be in possession of a current EA rod license. Failure to do so will resort in a ban.