Wraysbury 1 Rules
LENGTH OF STAY, FISHING TIMES AND SEASONS
- All members are required to carry their membership card at all times.
- You are permitted a maximum stay of 3 days/72 hours in one swim, after which you must vacate to a different swim and not return to, or re-bucket the same swim for 96 hours.
- Similarly, if you fish a swim for 2 days/48 hours and vacate it, you cannot return to, or re-bucket that swim for 72 hours.
- You are permitted to be away from the venue for no longer than 90 minutes, except under special circumstances and by prior arrangement with management or one of the Bailiffs.
- On arrival all members have 60 minutes once bucketing a swim. After 60 minutes the member either enters that swim or his bucket will be removed.
- During their session, an angler wishing to move into another swim once it has been vacated, can only place a bucket in one other occupied swim.
- Wraysbury syndicate covers you to fish both the North and South lakes, with the exception of two swims which are strictly out of bounds to members: Raph’s point and the drive in dredger swim. Both swims are located on the South lake near the Lodge.
- All members must possess and carry a valid EA fishing licence. Anybody found without one will be asked to leave the venue.
FISH AND FISH CARE
- When fishing for carp you must comply with the following:
- Line must be a minimum of 15lb breaking strain.
- No treble hooks or double-hook rigs are allowed.
- Korda Carp Care or other suitable fish care solutions must be used on all hook holds and abrasions.
- All fish landed must be returned to the water soon as possible.
- Rig checks may be carried out. No bent hooks, double hook rigs, fixed leads or long shank curved hooks are permitted.
- Any fish found distressed, diseased or dead should be reported to the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540.
- No fish are to be removed from the venue or transferred between waters within the venue. RK Leisure will ban and seek to prosecute anyone found doing so.
- All fish, irrespective of size and species should be treated with the same respect. Catches of all species should be reported to Bailiffs upon request.
- The use of sacks for fish retention is prohibited.
- The use of buoyancy retention slings are allowed, please respect this and only retain the fish for as shorter period as possible, bailiffs have the right to change this rule as they see fit depending on conditions.
- Leadcore and ‘unleaded’ product leaders may be used but they must be no longer than 1.5m in length.
- Bait boats are not allowed.
- Whole nuts can only be used as hook baits and only proprietary brands of crushed nuts can be used in ground bait or as loose feed.
- Maggots are not allowed in any form.
- Please do not introduce bait in the lake prior to vacating your swim as this practice may adversely affect anyone fishing the swim after you. Particularly anglers arriving for short, overnight sessions.
- Barbed hooks only.
- Bailiffs have the right to ask to examine any vehicle on company property, to ensure fish are not being removed, transferred illegally or stolen.
- Should you get a fish weeded or snagged please find a Bailiff to assist or ring the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540 however if you put your rod down and be patient – in most cases the fish will swim free – never be impatient and please DO NOT PULL FOR A BREAK!
- Baited hooks are not to be left out of the water.
- No rods to be left unattended with baited rigs in the water at any time, rods will be considered to be unattended if any angler is further than the next adjoining swim.
- Zig fishing is allowed but this could be seasonal and change at any time depending on weed conditions (adjustable type zigs only with a minimum 12lbs breaking strain hooklink and a maximum of 4ft in length.)
- Net dip tanks are in place, please use them if you are fishing other waters.
- Management reserve the right to close swims or entire lake when fish are spawning
VENUE SECURITY AND CLEANLINESS
- You must close and lock the fishery gates behind you at all times. One person is permitted entry per security card so please do not let any other person in behind you.
- No vehicles may be parked in the road verges outside the fishery. Anyone found doing so will lose their permit. No parking in the layby next to the bond’s and giant footsteps swims, this is only to be used for a drop off and collection point. All cars must be parked in the main designated car park.
- Toilet and shower facilities are provided and must be used.
- No boots or muddy shoes allowed in the shower block, please use appropriate shower footwear and always leave them as you would wish to find them.
- No litter will be tolerated. All litter must be taken with you on departure.
- Anyone found tampering with the throw lines will lose their ticket. If you notice that a line has been removed or damaged, please report it to a Bailiff or contact the RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540.
- A strict speed limit of 5 mph must be adhered to on the whole complex.
- Dogs are permitted on the fishery but owners must keep them on a lead at all times. Owners are responsible to clean up any mess and have the dog under control at all time. Dogs out of sight are out of control. Aggressive dogs are not tolerated on the site to ensure the safety of all anglers and staff.
- No barrows or any tackle transporters may be left on the venue between sessions.
- Drones are not permitted.
- No visitors are allowed on the fishery, unless they have permission from RK Leisure management or a member of the bailiff team.
ROD LIMITS, BOATS AND TREES
- There is a 3 rod limit at all times.
- Remote control boats are not permitted.
- Tree climbing is not permitted due to the dangerous nature of many of the trees.
- No cutting or tampering of any trees whatsoever.
- Bivvies must be placed in the swims and not on the grass banks.
- Boats are only to be used by Bailiffs.
- If a boat is needed to free a weeded fish please ask the duty bailiff or RK Leisure office on 020 7534 0540 to organize for the RK team to go out and try and free the fish. This may involve asking the angler to go into the boat with the rod if the Bailiff deems it necessary (subject to the angler wearing a life jacket). Under no circumstances should a member use a boat without a member of the RK team.
- Under no circumstances should boats be used after dark.
- No wading or swimming.
- The only time an angler is permitted to enter the water is at times of low water levels, to ensure the safe landing and return of fish and then only to knee level. You may also do this at knee level for photographing fish.
- Permit holders under the influence of alcohol, drugs or solvents will be removed from the venue by the police.
- Please be sensible, enjoy your fishing on the Wraysbury Complex and allow others to do the same. You will lose your permit if you do not.
- RK Leisure reserves the right to amend rules at any time. All decisions made by management are final.
- Please respect other anglers. If you are unsure of a swims water then please ask.
- All gates must be closed immediately after entry or exit. All vehicles must be parked in designated car parks.
- Bailiffs are authorised to confiscate the permit of any permit holder who is considered to be endangering their own, or another person’s safety, by being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, solvents, etc., and to remove them from the fishery.
- No firearms of any kind are allowed onto the venue, including airguns and crossbows.
- RK Leisure and management do not take any responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, injury to persons or theft to any vehicles, fishing tackle whilst on the complex.
- All 10% deposits and memberships are non-refundable. Under no circumstances does RK Leisure offer any refunds.
- The Wraysbury complex has a closed season between March 15th – April 13th, this is applicable to both North and South lakes on the complex.
- All buildings are non-smoking and members are only allowed access to members designated areas.
- No fires allowed. Barbecues must be off the grass areas.
- All anglers must be in possession of a current EA rod license. Failure to do so will resort in a ban.
- Bailiffs reserve the right to administer an official warning or temporarily suspend a member while allegations of wrongdoing are investigated.
The Wraysbury Complex will be shut for the following weekends.
- Wraysbury North and South lakes – Friday 30th Aug from 9.30am to Sunday 1st Sept until 2.00pm (Lucy’s Bowl guide dogs charity match)
- Wraysbury North and South lakes – Fri – Sun tbc (Kayak fishing festival)